Pantoprazole Tablets IP 40 Mg - THIRD PARTY MANUFACTURERS SUPPLIERS - PCD FRANCHISE
Pantoprazole Tablets IP 40 Mg
BRAND NAME: AMZOPAN
COMPOSITION: PANTOPRAZOLE 40 MG
Pantoprazole Tablets IP 40 Mg contains an active substance Pantoprazole. This medicine is used in adolescents (12 years or above) and adults. It treats Reflux oesophagitis (an inflammation of the esophagus accompanied by stomach acid regurgitation). In addition, this medicine is effective in Zollinger-Ellison-Syndrome. Also, It is used in patients with duodenal ulcers and stomach ulcers in combination with other antibiotics.
Mechanism of Action:-
Pantoprazole is an active substance in this medicine. It belongs to the drug category of proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It functions by inhibiting the final the of gastric acid production by creating a covalent bond. This medicine targets two sites of (H+, K+)-ATPase enzyme system of the gastric parietal cell at secretary surface. To simplify, this medicine reduces the acid production in the stomach, which alleviates the symptoms, such as indigestion, heartburn, etc.
Know Before Using Pantoprazole Tablets IP 40 mg
An individual patient should not take this medicine if allergic to Pantoprazole tablets or any of its ingredients. An individual can get a list of ingredients from the pharmacist.
Also, do not take this medicine if –
- Allergic to medications contains PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitors)
Tell Your Doctor if –
- Having liver problems or ever had problems with the liver. The doctor may need to monitor liver enzymes frequently. In the event of a rise in liver enzymes, an individual should stop treatment with Pantoprazole.
- Taking HIV protease inhibitors, such as atazanavir. Ask your healthcare provider for specific advice.
- Ever had a skin reaction after treatment with medication similar to Pantoprazole. To clarify, with an acid-reducing medication.
Like other medications, Pantoprazole Tablets IP 40 Mg also cause some mild to moderate side effects. Those adverse reactions fade away once the treatment is over. Also, they do not require any special medical attention. However, check with your doctor if your body develops any rare side effects. The common adverse effects of this medication are as follows:
- Benign polyps
The above listed doesn’t contain all the side effects it causes. To know more deets, you can confer with your healthcare professional.
Precautions for Pantoprazole Tablets IP 40 mg
Take Pantoprazole Tablets IP 40 Mg as the doctor has told you for the best effects. In addition, read the official guidelines mentioned on the label. All above must check with your doctor if you have any doubts regarding dose, duration, or any other. Moreover, you can be on the safe side by taking the below-listed measures.
Measures to Take:-
- Pantoprazole Tablets IP 40 Mg is not approved for use in children below 12 years of age.
- Take this medicine 1 hour before meal/snacks/food without chewing or breaking it. Swallow this tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Inform your doctor about the other medications you are taking, including prescription, non-prescription, and herbal medicines. This medicine may influence the effectiveness of other medicines.
- It is unknown whether Pantoprazole Tablets IP 40 Mg is safe to use among pregnant women or not. So, do not take this medicine without consulting with the healthcare provider.
- Though this medicine has negligible influence on the ability to drive or operate machines, evade driving vehicles or activities that need the speed of psychomotor reactions if you experience any ADRs, such as dizziness, disturbed vision, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is the use of Pantoprazole Tablets IP 40 Mg?
A. This medicine contains the active substance Pantoprazole. It reduces the amount of stomach acid. Primarily, it is used for acid reflux, heartburn, and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD).
Q. When should I take Pantoprazole gastro-resistant tablets IP 40 mg?
A. Once should take this medicine one hour before meals or as prescribed by the healthcare provider.