Ceftriaxone Injection IP - THIRD PARTY MANUFACTURERS SUPPLIERS - PCD FRANCHISE
Ceftriaxone Injection IP
|BRAND NAME||COMPOSITION||PACKING SIZE||PACKING STYLE||MRP|
|ZORCEFT – 500||CEFTRIAXONE 500||WFI||IM/ IV||49.41|
Ceftriaxone Injection IP is effective in treating bacterial infections, including life-threatening and severe forms, such as pneumonia or meningitis. Additionally, it is given to the patient to prevent infection before having surgery. This injection contains Ceftriaxone, which is a cephalosporin that functions by killing and preventing bacteria from forming bacterial protective wall covering. The bacteria cell wall is essential for the bacteria to survive.
Self-administration of Ceftriaxone Injection IP is not recommended. An individual patient should take this injection in a hospital from a nurse or doctor. In addition, one should read the leaflet to get familiar with the official guidelines and ensure the proper use of this medication. Also, take this injection in the dose and duration prescribed by the healthcare provider for the best possible effects.
Precautions for Ceftriaxone Injection IP
To attain the best effects, finish the prescribed course and don’t miss any dosage. In addition, you should take the official guidelines generated by the health agencies into account. However, if you are allergic to Ceftriaxone or any other contents, avoid taking Ceftriaxone Injection IP. Aside from that, consider following the below-listed points to enhance the effects of this medication.
Measures to Take:-
- Take Ceftriaxone Injection IP with or without food/meal/snacks as prescribed by the doctor to attain the best possible effects. Also, drink plenty of water while taking this medicine.
- This medication belongs to the pregnancy category “B.” So, consult your doctor before commencing treatment with this medicine during pregnancy.
- Your body may develop diarrhea as a side effect during the treatment course but should stop upon the completion of the treatment. However, if it persists for a longer duration or you find blood in your stools, inform your healthcare provider.
- Before commencing treatment with this injection, inform your doctor if you have ever had gallbladder disease, liver or kidney disease, diabetes, or bleeding problems. Your doctor may adjust the dosage of this medicine (required in some conditions).
- Finish the full prescribed dose of this medication to kill the bacteria. You may start feeling better after a few days of commencing treatment. Do not abruptly stop the treatment course as it may result in the reoccurrence of the bacterial infection.
With the above points in mind, use Ceftriaxone Injection IP and get the possible effects. However, if you want to know more about this medicine, consult your healthcare provider and get more deets.
Possible Side effects
While taking this medicine, an individual patient may experience mild to moderate adverse reactions. Those side effects are temporary, in general. The symptoms caused by this medicine go away once your body starts adjusting to the medicine. However, if your body develops any rare adverse reaction or you face any problem persistently, inform your healthcare provider.
- Decreased white blood cell count,
- Low blood platelets,
- Increased liver enzymes, etc.
Note: This is not the complete list of side effects offered by Ceftriaxone Injection IP. Visit your healthcare provider to get more deets about this medication.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the use of Ceftriaxone Injection IP?
A. Ceftriaxone Injection IP is used as an effective treatment to treat severe or life-threatening bacterial infections, such as pneumonia or meningitis.
Q. Does this injection cause any side effects?
A. Yes, during the treatment course, you may experience mild to moderate adverse reactions, such as Diarrhea, Rash, increased liver enzymes, etc. However, you don’t have to be worried about those symptoms.
Q. What if you don’t get better after taking Ceftriaxone Injection IP?
A. Inform your healthcare provider if you don’t feel better even after taking this injection.
Q. Is Ceftriaxone Injection IP safe during pregnancy?
A. This medicine belongs to the pregnancy category “B,” which means it has not been studied among pregnant women. The studies have shown zero side effects to the fetus or unborn baby during pregnancy.